Monday, March 14, 2011

Ring a bell?

by Samsara 

There is such a wide variety of rings out there lately aside from our ordinary and classic ones;  cluster rings,  knuckle rings, two finger rings, bubble rings,  flower rings, stacked rings, fringe rings, cut-out rings and many more… Have we always had such an ample choice of shapes, styles and symbols? Dazzling rings encrusted with plant forms and animals -birds seem to be a big trend- rings adorned with not only stones but feathers, fur, wood, enamel and lucite. Then again, animals have been an adornment since the most remote times; a typical representation engraved in Egyptian rings was in fact the scarabaeus; early Christians used the Greek symbol Icthus, resembling a fish. And numerous materials were used even in ancient times. Maybe we haven’t invented much after all, nonetheless we can indulge in these magnificent jewels, stand assured there will be one to fit your style and budget. These are some of my favorites pieces. 


1. Aquamarine & Diamond Ring $6,310 barney.com
2. Rachel Roy $55 rachelroy.com
3. Peridot Ring $88 charmandchain.com
4. Faceted Faux Stone Ring $4.80 forever21.com
5. YSL Oval khaki $295 cultstatus.com.au
6. Raw Jewelry by JLRicci Round Camelian Cocktail $750 maxandchloe.com
7. YSL Saint Laurent Arty glass ring $185 net-a-porter.com
8. Ming by Mango Green Ring $20 jcpenney.com
9. Double Greek Ring in Tourmalines $3.735 yland23.com
10 Labradonite and Quartz Midnight ring $1.580 ylang23.com
11. Coral Slice Ring $15 dorothyperkins.com
12 Decadent Swanky Ring, Moonstone $122 charmandchain.com.

5 comments:

  1. I have been looking for some statement cocktail rings! I've ran across many bloggers who have that Ysl artsy glass ring. It's gorgeous! I think I want one now. :)

    http://theluxestandard.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a sucker for rings...and this is just another excuse to update my jewelry!! YAY.

    http://fashionmakeuplifestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoaa!
    They're really adorable and inspiring rings
    <3
    I love the 1st, 2nd, and the 4th ring :D


    ♥ sugarpuff ♥
    Pinkie Anggia ☺
    http://pinkieanggia.tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I have to pick a winner: nº 12... no, wait, I want them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love rings with big stones! So I can't choose my favorite one :p

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete